People are enticed into thinking that when one sets up a website, other people just happen to find it on the internet and that’s all that is needed.
Well, that idea is slowing waning as more talk of SEO (Search Engine Optimisation) is growing and the realisation to do more things on the website itself, in order to increase traffic and conversions.
SEO and attracting visitors to a website are major challenges to small business owners. If you are a one-man-band for your online business or ministry, then doing SEO might be difficult, as it involves a whole lot of processes.
SEO for a website involves adding keywords in specific places, how to get traffic to the website and online marketing strategies, to mention just a few thing.
So learning to implement simple strategies into your online business website that you can keep up with, is a good start.
There are straightforward things to do on an on-going basis, if you are some-what ‘technically-challenged’.
1. First thing to do is to get your website design on a WordPress platform. This will ensure a clean, uncluttered and professional look.
WordPress software design is great for SEO and there are also great WordPress SEO Plugins.
2. Regularly update your blog with fresh content (keyword optimised). That is to include in your website content, keyword terms that people are likely to search for.
Write and post articles that are relevant to what your website visitors need.
3. Regularly submit your website URL to Search Engines, especially Google. List your website with relevant high-quality online Directories. There are local directories, directories in your specific industry and well-established directories.
4. Build links from other reputable blogs which are discussing topics related to your blog’s subject matter, by leaving comments on these blogs that are of value to your readers.
5. Your interaction with Social Media networks will ultimately help with your website SEO. So get connected with people online and join in discussions relevant to your industry or interests.
Make your website content easy to share. The most effective social networks at the moment are Facebook, Twitter, Google+, YouTube, LinkedIn and Pinterest.
Develop a strategy for your SEO efforts and don’t let it get in the way of the success of your online business or ministry goals.
I hope these tips have been valuable to you? To get more information about blogging and digital marketing, join our mailing list.